The Literacy Cooperative is currently seeking a Marketing and Communications Associate. This position works closely with staff, board members, and volunteers to create and distribute engaging content to enhance awareness and understanding of The Literacy Cooperative’s work. Duties include keeping social media channels and website updated and brand-focused, seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences, and creating and publishing electronic newsletters, white papers, and blog posts. This position provides administrative support for ongoing initiatives.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manages communications channels, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms with multiple accounts
- Works with staff, board members, partners, and community members to coordinate communications campaigns and social media strategies
- Writes and distributes blog posts and e-newsletters
- Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Creates dynamic written, graphic, and video content for website and platforms
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on our sites, and encourages audience participation
- Assists management to promote large projects, events, and community management
- Works as part of a team to develop media campaigns
- Analyzes and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
- Assists with administrative support including but not limited to data entry, report writing, survey collection, and information verification
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing or Social Media Marketing Preferred or any equivalent combination of training and experience
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Proficiency using social media platforms and e-newsletter software/applications (WordPress a plus)
- Strong proofreading, grammatical, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team as well as assume independent responsibilities
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with strong communication skills
- Ability to coordinate several time-sensitive projects simultaneously without sacrificing accuracy and/or quality
Celebrating 15 years, The Literacy Cooperative is an umbrella organization that brings foundations, organizations, and people together to find practical solutions to improve literacy. We are mobilizing Northeast Ohio resources to increase reading, math, and digital literacy, beginning at birth, so our kids are performing at grade level throughout their educational journey. We are sharing our research and introducing best practices and pilots that are innovative, interactive, and effective. The Literacy Cooperative provides oversight and overall strategic coordination currently not being fulfilled by individual providers.
The Literacy Cooperative’s goal is a two-generational approach to address the literacy needs of under-educated, low-skilled parents, and their children to make sure both are prepared for employment, self-sufficiency, and life-long learning. The Literacy Cooperative does this by supporting a system of high quality, interconnected and outcomes-oriented service delivery, improving early literacy outcomes, and defining and strengthening pathways to post-secondary education and careers.
Mission: The Literacy Cooperative works to advance literacy through an effective service delivery system reflecting the highest standards in the field.
Vision: Our vision is to ensure that all children and adults in Greater Cleveland will reach their highest literacy potential for employment, self-sufficiency, and lifelong learning.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please.