Careers in Literacy
If you are a literacy provider and would like to advertise an opening, you may place a free job announcement here by following these guidelines:
Employment ads should be limited to 40 words or less. Please include: agency name; job title; brief job description; required qualifications; how to apply and contact information, including full name of contact person. Job announcements would be listed for a one month period. If you are interested in posting your ad on our website, please submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call The Literacy Cooperative at 216.776.6180.
Whole Family Workforce Services Coordinator, Towards Employment
Towards Employment is seeking a coordinator to lead the planning, organization and implementation of our Whole Family programming which supports parents who are participating or alumnus of Towards Employment. Our goal is to translate parents’ improved employment status (unemployed to employed; employed to wage gains and other forms of advancement) to improved household financial security and enhanced family supports so that families can thrive.
- Liaise with TE staff on referrals into the program and be the primary point person for the parents’ engagement in the cohort training and follow up actions based on their personal plan.
- Coordinate activities for monthly family events, including building rapport and community within each cohort and maintaining participant motivation and engagement
- Meet with our community partners to coordinate service delivery and our understanding of roles and data sharing.
- Design data sharing process, protocols, and reporting templates and ensure all partners will collect data needed to meet project goals and inform project’s Theory of Change.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports as requested on a timely basis.
- Track participation in assigned programming and document results and progress of members.
- Implement programs, projects, and special events related to the support of our parents.
- Encourage emotional, social, and educational growth of individual members.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities.
- Continue to monitor processes and programs to identify areas of improvement to increase the program’s success
To learn more, click HERE. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@towardsemployment.org.
Make a Difference. Serve Your Community and Advance Your Career!
NEO Skill Corps is currently recruiting for full and part-time Member Service positions. We NEED individuals who are service-oriented and ready to rise to the challenge of addressing the financial literacy, workforce development, and adult literacy crisis in Northeast Ohio.
- Bi-weekly stipend
- Education scholarships upon completion of service year
- Student loan deferment during service
- Payment of interest earned on student loans during year of service
- Professional development training
- Community networking and relationship building
Duties (include but not limited to):
- Assess client’s financial knowledge
- Instruct financial literacy curriculum
- Coach clients on limited financial matters
- Arrange guest speakers from the financial industry and local businesses
- Data entry
- Facilitate adult education and workplace services workshops
- Provide contextualized learning materials
- Conduct pre and post-instruction assessments
- Track client workforce goals and achievements
- A minimum two-year college degree from an accredited college. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Public speaking experience
- Experience working with adults with diverse backgrounds preferred
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while meeting program objectives
Interested applicants should submit their resume to Sandra Buckner, Program Manager at email@example.com
JumpStart Inc. Digital Learning Center Site Coordinator
Job Description: This is a full-time position. This role will play a key role on a team responsible for implementing and running a 4-year community initiative focused on building digital inclusivity and social mobility for under-resourced communities in Cleveland through state-of-the-art Community Innovation Learning Centers. Oversight of the daily operation includes opening and closing of the center each day, maintaining a clean, safe, inviting and friendly environment, assisting participants with understanding the different technology and programming available.
Required Qualifications: Willingness to live and work in Cleveland. Associate degree in Education, Business, Communications, or relevant field is required. Customer service and/or curriculum facilitation experience. Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) ability to read, write, and speak moderately.
How to apply: Apply directly using the link – https://jumpstartinc.secure.force.com/careers/apex/ts2__jobdetails?jobId=a1h1W000002PixIQAS
Contact Person: Harshita Pandey: 216.456.7111