- TLC staff is working together with the Greater Cleveland Food Bank and local restaurants to include Imagination Library books alongside food distribution efforts so children can have immediate access to new reading material. We are sending useful links and educational information for families to take advantage of during this home-bound time. Resources are for both children and adults.
- Our upcoming professional development sessions will be hosted online. You can find out more information and register here.
- Our 2Gen Committee is still meeting virtually. We are committed to working together to brainstorm new ways to integrate the 2Gen approach throughout the community. We are currently planning our virtual 2Gen Summit and will have more information soon.
- We have postponed our Read Across America Luncheon with speaker Meghan Cox Gurdon, originally scheduled for April 1st. Meghan has graciously offered to speak at a rescheduled date. We’ll let you know when we have the new date and you’ll be able to register here. If you already registered, your ticket will be applied to the future date.
- We are continually providing resources on our social media platforms @literacycoop and on our website. Stay tuned for more, and please share tips and resources you would like us to post.
- The Literacy Cooperative staff is working remotely though Microsoft Teams, maintaining regular contact with one another and hosting virtual meetings. As a staff, we are reading through Malcom Gladwell’s The Tipping Point, and we are encouraging the development of new ideas and innovations during this time.
Our staff will be available to email or call during normal working hours. We would love to share how our partners are continuing to help our neighborhoods. What creative ideas have you come up with to maintain operations and stay positive?
Stay safe and healthy.