The Literacy Cooperative
2019 Cleveland Corporate Spelling Bee
Thursday, September 12, 2019
5:00 pm to 8:30 pm
The City Club of Cleveland
What’s the buzz?
- High-spirited, fast-paced, fun and fiery adult spelling bee with words that will challenge and spark the intellect.
- Corporate and community teams from the Cleveland area compete against one another to become Corporate Spelling Bee Champion and take home the trophy.
- Teams consist of three members who represent the top spellers in their organizations.
- Up to 8 teams duel it out in the preliminary single elimination rounds to compete in the championship round.
- Past Champions are BakerHostetler, Benesch and Cleveland Public Library.
- 2018 Final Four preliminary round winners were teams from Thompson Hine, Cuyahoga Community College, Medical Mutual and Cleveland Public Library.
- Audience members cheer on their favorite team and kindle an electrifying atmosphere.
Mike McIntyre, Columnist at The Plain Dealer and Host/Producer of “The Sound of Ideas” on WCPN, will liven the event as Emcee. Mike Snyder, from WTAM’s Wills and Snyder in the Morning, and Monyka Price, Chief of Education for the City of Cleveland, will present the words.
As the crowd gathers, guests and contestants partake of appetizers, food stations, and drinks as they mingle and share conversation with special guests, CEO’s and local people of note.
Sponsorships and team registrations begin at $2,500.
For information or to receive a registration form please contact Elizabeth Horrigan at 216-776-6182 or email@example.com.
Media partners include WKYC TV3, Cleveland Magazine, and WTAM
Proceeds benefit The Literacy Cooperative of Greater Cleveland, the region’s umbrella organization to address the crisis of low literacy in our community.
City of Cleveland
HOST COMMITTEE CHAIR
Third Federal Savings
The George Gund Fdn
Thompson Hine LLP
Jeanette Grasselli Brown
Marc S. Byrnes
Cuyahoga Community College
RPM International Inc.
August A. Napoli, Jr.
United Way of Greater Cleveland
Richard W. Pogue
Albert B. Ratner
Forest City Realty Trust
Robert C. Smith
Barbara R. Snyder
Case Western Reserve University
J. Mark Sutherland
The Lubrizol Corporation
Felton Thomas, Jr.
Cleveland Public Library
Thomas F. Zenty III