Resource Development Manager
The Literacy Cooperative is currently seeking a Resource Development Manager. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and executing all aspects of The Literacy Cooperative’s fundraising initiatives including, special events, corporate sponsorships, individual giving, and foundation grants. The Manager works closely with and reports directly to the President/CEO and communicates and involves the Board of Trustees in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- Collaborate with the President/CEO and Board of Trustees to establish and implement both short and long-range goals to increase donor engagement and fundraising outcomes
- Successfully reach fundraising goal to support organization’s mission, programs and budget
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish strong relationships
- Identify and develop organization’s fundraising priorities for the corporate, community and individual prospects
- Grow an individual gift program including identification, cultivation, solicitation and retention of donors
- Direct and implement an annual fund program, including mailings, annual fundraising drives, acknowledgments, and receipts
- Coordinate fundraising special events, including annual Corporate Spelling Bee and national keynote speakers
- Oversee grant seeking activities including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings
- Supervise and collaborate with other staff, interns and volunteers
- Track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising and assist staff with meeting deadlines
- Oversee the administration of a fundraising database which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information
- Other related duties as assigned
- High degree of energy, creativity, flexibility, organization and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Organized and exhibits “follow through” on tasks and goals
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and volunteers
- Self-starter that is goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls
- Bachelor’s degree with proven and successful experience in non-profit fundraising
- Knowledge of managing fundraising database
In 2003, a report on literacy from the National Center for Education Statistics revealed a crisis across the country, with the startling fact that 47% of adults in Cuyahoga County were below the recommended literacy levels for effective functioning in society. Response and planning by local stakeholders led to the creation of The Literacy Cooperative in 2006. The Literacy Cooperative is an umbrella organization that brings foundations, organizations and people together to find practical solutions to improve literacy. We are mobilizing Northeast Ohio resources to increase reading, math and digital literacy, beginning at birth, so our children are performing at grade level throughout their educational journey.
The Literacy Cooperative provides oversight and overall strategic coordination currently not being fulfilled by individual providers. It is not a direct service provider.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
This position will remain open until filled. No phone calls please.