Digital Communications Associate
The Literacy Cooperative is currently seeking a Digital Communications Associate. This position works closely with staff to create engaging content for The Literacy Cooperative’s digital presence, including keeping social media channels updated and brand-focused, seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences, and creating and publishing electronic newsletters, white papers, and blog posts. This position provides administrative support for ongoing initiatives.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manages social media channels, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms with multiple accounts
- Works with staff, partners, and community members to coordinate campaigns with social media strategy
- Writes and distributes blog posts and e-newsletters
- Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Creates dynamic written, graphic, and video content
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on our sites, and encourages audience participation
- Assists management with large projects, events, and community management
- Works as part of a team to develop large social media campaigns
- Analyses and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Manages social media communications
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
- Assists with administrative support including but not limited to data entry, report writing, survey collection, and information verification
- Bachelor’s degree (or currently working towards) in Journalism, Marketing or Social Media Marketing Preferred
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Proficiency using social media platforms and e-newsletter software/applications
- Strong proofreading, grammatical, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team as well as assume independent responsibilities
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with strong communication skills
- Ability to coordinate several time-sensitive projects simultaneously without sacrificing accuracy and/or quality.
Established in 2006, The Literacy Cooperative (TLC) connects at-risk populations, educators and service providers to resources that improve early, adult, and family literacy. TLC leads and supports early literacy efforts that increase school-readiness and parent engagement. Our “Closing the Word Gap” campaign along with innovative programs such as Reach Out and Read and Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library ensure that families have the necessary tools and guidance to be engaged in their child’s education from birth. At the adult level, our involvement with workforce development and adult education pilots like NEO Skill Corps create opportunities for low literate adults to connect to career pathways leading to in-demand training and employment. To optimize opportunities for families, TLC is leading and coordinating early childhood and adult training partners to organize two-generational program opportunities. TLC also works with policy makers, state and local leaders, employers and education providers to address critical literacy issues. TLC raises community-wide awareness through conferences, training sessions and events aimed at connecting educators, businesses, media and other local and national nonprofit agencies.
Mission: The Literacy Cooperative works to advance literacy through an effective service delivery system reflecting the highest standards in the field.
Vision: Our vision is to ensure that all children and adults in Greater Cleveland will reach their highest literacy potential for employment, self-sufficiency and lifelong learning.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will remain open until filled. No phone calls please.